Yannis Banks is a born and raised Texan who currently serves as the Legislative Liaison for the Texas National Association for the Advancement of Colored Peoples. As a voice for the NAACP, he often gives testimony before committees, reaches out to legislators, and lobbies for full equality and equal voting rights across Texas. In his spare time, he runs a radio show geared at getting more young people to speak up and take ownership of our democracy.
1. HOW TO MAKE YOUR VOTE COUNT
2. PROTECTING VOTING RIGHTS ACROSS TEXAS
3. COMMUNICATING WITH LEGISLATORS IN THE 21ST CENTURY
4. USING SOCIAL MEDIA TO MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD
5. HOW TO FOLLOW AN ISSUE THROUGH COMMITTEE
6. ARGUING FOR RACIAL EQUALITY IN TEXAS TODAY